The Waves Sporting Facilities
The Waves Sports Club has a proud history of sports and community support and focus, The Waves maintains Sports Complex facilities, which is the home base for 12 of our affiliated Sub Clubs. In addition to our Sub Clubs using these facilities, The Waves Sports Complex facilities are used by other local sporting and community organisations for their events throughout the year. The Waves Sports Complex facilities are available for use by our members and the community upon enquiry of availability and approval.
The facilities include:
- 2 fully lit Rugby League/Rugby Union fields which includes 3 x change rooms, 1 x officials/first aid/referees change room, 4 x shaded grand stand seating per field, storage areas, public toilet amenities and canteen facilities.
- 2 fully lit Football (Soccer) fields which includes spectator scoreboard, 2 x team benches per field, 1 x set of portable soccer goal posts, 2 x change rooms, 1 x referees change room, shaded grand stand seating on one field and 3 x allocated storage areas.
- 2 bowling greens fully lit with retractable shade covering and disabled access.
- 1 purpose built Bocce shed with 4 x Bocce lanes and toilet amenities.
- 2 Netball/tennis courts fully lit with allocated indoor seating area and storage facility.
- 3 Cricket training nets fully lit.
- Upper level air conditioned function room overlooking the main football field (above sheltered grand stand seating) with bar facilities and toilet amenities (mens and ladies).
- Lower level function room with viewing area of bowls and the main football field, kitchenette, bar facilities and toilet amenities (mens, ladies and disabled). This lower level function room has recently been renovated for the comfort of those organisations that use it on a regular basis.
Frank Coulthard Oval (8 acres on Clayton Road, Thabeban):
Frank Coulthard Oval is available for use by our members and the community upon enquiry of availability with The Waves AFL Club and approval for use of the facilities being granted if available. Frank Coulthard Oval grounds (Bundaberg Regional Council owned grounds) are leased for the purpose of AFL training and competition games and softball training and competition games. The Waves has invested a considerable amount of funding towards the lighting and irrigation for the AFL grounds and lighting of a softball training diamond for the benefit of its Sub Clubs.
- 2 portable 4 tiered grand stand seating benches.
- 4 Waves branded 3mx3m shade tents.
All of the above mentioned facilities are maintained by The Waves Sports Club and affiliated Sub Club representatives/volunteers also assist.
Join A Sub Club Today
The Waves Sports Club is affiliated with 16 different sporting and social clubs. For enquiries or information on how to contact an individual Sub Club please phone 07 4152 1531 or contact us via email.