Swimming Sub Club
The Waves Swimming Club is a sporting club established in 1914 and focuses on technique training and competition events. The club provides squad training to recreational and competitive members 6 days per week. The club holds club nights, an intra-club competition and competes in competitive events between other swimming clubs in the region.
Our objective is to conduct, encourage, promote, advance and administer swimming activities including conducting and participating in swimming competitions in the interest of members of the association and swimming. To achieve this objective we:
- Promote swimming as an enjoyable sporting pursuit.
- Provide affordable swimming training opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for swimmers at different levels of ability to improve their stroke and performance in the water.
- Provide competitive swimming opportunities for swimmers with this as their goal.
- Support all club members in their level of participation.
- Encourage all members to set goals according to their ability.
- Encourage swimmers to strive to better themselves.
- Encourage discipline & self motivation as a means of excelling & achieving goals.
- Promote friendship among club members.
- Respect each opinion.
- Encourage all members & their parents to become involved in the running of their club.
- Encourage teamwork within the club.
Contact Information: The Waves Swimming Club:
President: Lynette Jarvis - 0417 590 101
Head Coach: Norm Jarvis
Postal Address: C/- PO Box 862, BUNDABERG QLD 4670